Recover Lost Favourites Menu with this Easy-to-follow Guide
Recovering Lost Favourites Menu
We've had a lot of requests for a
simple and straight forward guide to bringing back a Lost Favourites
menu, so here it is.. please read on and choose the paragraph with your
Probably you cannot remember what really happened the last
time. All you know is when you clicked on the Favourites
your browser's toolbar, everything was gone; all you favourites were
Don't let this get you down though; there are very simple
steps you could follow to help restore your favourites regardless of what
browser you are using or its version. Read ahead to understand how to find
and recover your lost
bookmarks, menu, folders, you name them.
Finding Your Favourites Folder in Internet Explorer
While you interact with your favourites
internet explorer, they are kept somewhere in a folder on your computer that
defaults to every user's 'User Folder' on their accounts.
In Windows XP, you could use Windows Explorer to search and locate the
folder (if you don't know where it is),
• Click on the 'Start' button then click the 'Search' button
• Next, type in the word 'Favourites' on the search box
• Press 'Enter.'
• Your computer will now be scanned to find your 'Favourites' folder
• Once this is done, it will immediately display it together with its
Mozilla Firefox Favourites Folder
Firefox stores all your favourite information in a
'Profile' folder. To locate and view this folder
• Click on the 'Menu' button on your browser
• Click the 'Help' button then select 'Troubleshooting Information' to open
• On the 'Application Basics' section, click the 'Show Folder' button
• This will open a window containing all the files you want.
You could also opt to open this folder without using Firefox by,
• First click the 'Start' button on Windows
• Select the 'Run' option
• Type in the box %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles then click the 'Ok'
button once you are done.
• You will be able to find your folder.
Finding Google Chrome's Favourites Folder
Chrome ensures the security of your personal settings by placing them in a
folder that you can only view when you are logged into your Windows user
account. Additionally, these files may be set to be hidden so that no one
has access to them.
To find them, go to; C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\UserData\
where the 'UserName' is the name of your user account.
Favourites Folder Location Path in Windows 7
By default, this folder can be found on this location path; C:\Users\UserName\Favourites
to find it;
• right click 'Start' then select 'Open Windows Explorer.'
• scroll your way down to your hard drive
• expand this section then look for 'Users.'
• look for your username in the list provided after expanding the 'Users'
section as well
• click on your username then double-click on 'Favourites.'
• The contents of this folder will be displayed. This is your 'Favourites'
If you realise that your 'Favourites' folder is still missing
after following the above procedure in Windows 7,
• Click the start menu button and select 'Search.'
• Type in the search boxes the word 'Favourites.'
• Windows will search for it and display it to you
• To go to the folder, simply double-click on the link
• To change it back to its default location, click on 'Organize' then select
• Now, click the 'Location' button then select 'Restore Default.'
Lost Your Favourites Lists? Steps on How to Recover It
While checking your favourites
list, you may notice that it is missing, yet
you can't remember how it got lost. Unfortunately, you also don't know what
step to take next to find it. Depending on the browser you are using, here
are a few steps to follow to find and recover your favourites list
Internet Explorer 8; Recovering Your Favourites List
Apparently, you could have lost your internet explore eight favourites
you logged in as another user by mistake. In this case, the only way you
could recover your favourites is by logging off and log back in with your
However, if you still fail to find your favourites lists,
• Point to 'Find' on the start menu then selects 'Files and Folders'.
• Type 'Favourites' in the box then click the 'Find Now' button
You may find the folder but the favourites are still missing.
If this is the case;
• Click on the start button then goes to my computer.
• Now, open the C:/ Drive and click on 'Open Users.'
• Choose the account you usually use to log into your computer.
• Right click on the 'Favourites' icon
• Finally, click on the 'Restore Previous Versions' button
• Go back to your browser and check if your entire favourites list has been
Recovering Lost Favourite Bookmarks
It doesn't matter which browser you use; you can always be able to find and
recover your favourite
you have lost them.
How to Find and Recover Lost Favourites Bookmarks in Google
Fortunately, Google Chrome stores 'My Favourites List' on your computer.
Before taking any other step, be sure to check whether the file,
unfortunately, ended up in the Recycle Bin, right-click it then click on
'Restore'. Aside from storing your favourites
Chrome also stores a backup file of Bookmarks under
the name 'bookmarks.bak'.
To be able to view these and find them, ensure Windows
Explorer is set to 'Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drives'.
Google Chrome, a good suggestion is to recover the folder they live in. This
version of Chrome currently stores bookmarks in the 'User Data' folder found
in C:\Users\<Windows Userid>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\.
• From windows explorer, go to the 'User Data' folder
• Right-click on the folder to get the properties
• Select the 'Previous Versions' tab to find a list of all the available
• Highlight the folder backup you want then click the 'Restore' button
• A message will promptly appear letting you know the process was
successful; 'The Folder Has been Successfully restored To the Previous
Finding Lost Favourites Bookmarks in Mozilla Firefox 3
• From the bookmarks menu on your browser, click on the 'Organize Bookmarks'
to open the library window
• Choose the 'Import and Backup' menu then click on the 'Restore' Button.
• Luckily enough, Firefox regularly performs an automatic bookmark backup.
Be sure to choose the most recent backup date to restore your favourites.
Opera's Recovery Option for Favourites Bookmarks
• Begin by going to C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera
• Check for .tmp files having the recent 'Modified' date
• Next, copy and pate the file to your desktop
• Proceed to rename it to an .adr file
• Now open Opera then click the menu
• Go to the 'Settings' button and click on 'Import and Export' then 'Import
• A dialogue box will appear informing you that the import was successful.
Lost Favourite Bookmarks in Internet Explorer 8; Recovering
It's easy to find and restore your lost favourite bookmarks especially if
you have a backup copy.
• Click the 'Add to Favourites' button on Internet Explorer
• From the drop-down menu, click on 'Import and Export.'
• Choose the option that allows you to import favourites from a file
• Import it to the 'bookmark.htm' file usually found in 'My Documents'.
Is Your Favourites Menu Lost?
Lost favourites menu are
quite common issues on browsers and this, just as other lost
favourites lists, could
leave you feeling aggravated. Cases of lost
favourites menu may
be due to some reasons. Don't feel bad anyway because there are ways you
could recover it.
Finding Your Lost Favourites Menu in Internet Explorer
Often, unintentionally you may click on the toolbar area and
this may be the reason your favourites
• Along the top of your Windows Explorer, Right-click the tab bar on a blank
• This will promptly show you a context menu that has options to enable or
disable different toolbars.
• Click on the favourites
When this persists, at times the only option could be to
reset your Internet Explorer to default so as to restore your lost
favourites menu. To do this,
- Choose the gear icon then
click on 'Internet Options.'
- Select the 'Advanced' button and click on
- Click the button 'Reset Internet Explorer'
to restore it to its default settings.
Can You Now Find And Recover Your Favourites List?
As much as there are other open available options of finding and restoring
your missing favourites, noted above are simple step by step procedure on
various browsers that you use. This means that there are other browsers not
When you lose
favourites lists; this can be the most
frustrating time for you. You probably don't know what to do next.
Fortunately, may turn out to be a very simple procedure if you keenly follow
the above steps. Remember that before following these steps first ensure you
check your Recycle Bin to confirm if it was accidently deleted. Hope these
help. All the best.
Favourites-folder.com Favourites folder is gone?
myFavouritestoolbar.net My Favourites Toolbar Disappeared?
My Favourites list is missing?
to Recover lost Favourites Menu Bookmarks bar This article covers
Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari